|Original Mango Butter|
...Elasta QP's Mango Butter...
According to the official Elasta QP website, the Mango Butter is a moisturizer that:
- Penetrates, protects and remoisturizes, leaving hair strong and healthy
- Olive and coconut oils target dry ends and help prevent damage
- Shine-enhancing, non-greasy formula
- Intensely rich thermal protecting treatment
I was introduced to the Mango Butter a few years ago and fell in love with it. That was before Olive Oil was added.
When we come across a new product we either ignore it or pay attention to it. When we do pay attention...we want it, get it and push the old product to the side for reasons such as: the new product works better, we want to try something new, less ingredients and/or we just want to change products. Nothing wrong with that, you never know what will work for you unless you explore.
I left the Mango Butter alone when I was told about and exposed to a line of hair products. A plus for me was that the products were all natural, but for some reason it did not do its job...well, because of the hype that it was receiving, I felt as if it did not live up to it's hype. But I can not assume what works for others will work for me and vice versa.
I will not say that because the hair product line was all natural, it did not work for my hair. That is far from the truth. My regimen consists of natural items that have worked for me during my hair journey. Unfortunately, the products from that line did not do it for me. So after I stopped using that hair product line, that is when I started using more basic natural items. I am talking about 100% unrefined Shea butter mixes, organic extra virgin coconut oil, castor oil, etc. The products I use on my daughter’s natural hair to keep it moisturized is what I have been using too! Even my protein treatments are all natural! But let us get back to the point...
The Mango Butter has been in use, although I have not used it on my hair for a long time. I even bought more because it ran out during my
|Mango Butter with Olive Oil|
- It helped smooth, moisturize and lay my hair edges down without the use of gel. And the gel would have not really kept my edges as moisturized.
- It kept my new growth (NG) manageable and soft.
- It was one of the few moisturizers that felt light on my hair when used in proper moderation. A little bit will take you a long way in my honest opinion.
- It did not weigh my hair down nor cause too much build up if used they way I used it almost every day.
- It helped retain my hair ends too because of how well moisturized my hair ends were.
- It also smelled great!
The Mango Butter is back in my hair care regimen!
What beauty products used religiously, loved, stop using and started using again? And did you ever wonder or ask yourself why you stopped using the product(s) in the first place or what were you even thinking?
Thanks for reading and God bless!